They weren't human.

I had gone to bed after a long day at the office. The board that was supposed to last for two hours stretched into five hours, I was so exhausted when I reached my apartment. I flung my keys unto the shelf and dived for my bed, taking off my clothes was a luxury which I could not afford at the moment.


There was loud music coming from the next apartment and I had sincerely had it with those people, but this wasn't the right time to go over and query them. I slept off before I even realized it.


I do not usually have dreams when I am in a deep sleep but I think this one was going to be different. In my dream, I had opened my eyes and the light over my eyes was blinding. It was as if I was on an operating table of some sort in an operating theatre and the operating lights had been fixed right above my eyes. 


I struggled to constrict and adjust my pupils to make what my surroundings looked like. That was when I noticed them.


I saw human-like figures standing beside the table and conversing in a language I couldn't understand; the light over my eyes didn't help because I couldn't see what they looked like. They talked in a strange language that I didn't understand. I wasn't a multilingual person, I only had English and my mother tongue on the shelves of my lingual library but still I found this language to be very weird. 


At this point, I was beginning to get tensed and agitated. How did I even get here, efforts made by me to converse with them proved futile. They behaved as if I was not even there, they just kept on discussing amongst themselves in various micro-groups. Suddenly I realized that I wasn't restrained, I wasn't tied to the table or any solid structure, all these while I thought I was but here I was realising that I had been free all along. I was going to make a run for it.


I got up and sat on the table, I reached for the light and pulled it away from my face. That was when I could now fully make of the form and appearance of the beings in the room. They had blue skin and long pointed ears, some of them were very tall about seven feet and athletic in stature, my best guess was that those were the males. They had a kind of webbed feet and organs that looked like gills behind their ears, some of them also had tails mostly the shorter ones among them.


My newfound revelation was not going to deter me from making a run and setting myself free from this room of aliens. I sighted the door at the right corner of the room, it was open and I dashed for it and ran down the hallway. There was no one chasing me while I ran to my surprise.


The streets were empty when I finally made it outside, I had been in a hospital with the aliens. I reached for a phone booth and placed a 911 call but the lines were down. I kept on running, I came across a mirror and saw my reflection, it was then I realized.


It wasn't a dream.


Comments

  1. Hi guys, just created my blog today and made my first post. It's a short fiction story. If anyone has tips on how I could make my blog better. I'd appreciate that a lot. Thank you

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts